Our former interns about their experience:
Internship with Merseyside Polonia
It is a great experience and opportunity for the students as well as great contribution to the development of the organisation itself!
We are currently cooperating with multiple major Polish Universities back in Poland as well as the local Universities.
As an intern, you will have an opportunity to work in a lively team of volunteers, the NGO employees, local partners, venues or artists. You will work part-time ( max. 30 hrs as ERASMUS) and your working hours will be often flexible and depend on the event calendar.
Working with Merseyside Polonia will allow you to gain a valuable insight into the functioning of the non-profit organisation promoting Polish and English art and culture and developing positive relations between the Polish Community and local residents. During the time you will be spending with us you will be able to gain practical experience in a variety of areas: marketing, event and project management, administration and fundraising, as well as get an opportunity to meet inspiring people and find out more about local community and life here in Liverpool.
- Planning, implementing and delivering projects and events such us: Literature Events, Film Festivals – Screenings, History and Heritage events, Arts and Crafts Workshops, Music Events, as well as events organised as part of other projects (e.g. Children, Polish Community against Domestic Violence, Senior Projects).
- Marketing/PR tasks: writing effective press releases, building links with the media, promoting and informing on the Organisation via traditional media and social media, updating the website, designing posters and leaflets, developing a marketing strategy, creating branding).
- Building relations and liaising with other charities, local authorities and individuals.
- Assisting the volunteer coordinator and project managers by projects and events.
- General administrative and office duties.
- Student’s of/interested in English Language and Culture, Culture and Arts Management, NGO Management, Marketing and Public Relations, Multicultural Communication, Events Management, Marketing
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Polish Language skills are desirable but not essential
- High motivation, taking initiative and creativity.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural awareness.
We are looking for a creative and self-motivated individual who would like to work in a lively and multicultural environment. A good team player as well as a person with strong ability to organise their own workflow and striving to develop their own skills, knowledge. Keen to work to make a difference and challenge themselves, try different things.
Passionate about promoting cultures, intercultural communication and willing to know more about organising events, projects, marketing, arts, and the functioning of a non-profit organisation.
If you are interested please send us your CV as well as Cover Letter stating why would you like to do an Internship with us as well as what would you like to contribute and are particularly interested in.
For more questions concerning the role of an intern, please email the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.